Friday, October 23, 2015

INSPIRATIONAL WORDS FROM THE ASSEMBLY

Today Thursday 22nd October 2015, we have continue with  our sessions using the Appreciative Discernment Theory. 

The morning session that was rather moving produced a lot of “Inspirational words from the Assembly” as follows:

  • “What do you fear?”
  • “ I managed to conquer my fears, and I went into the mission.”
  • “ Being a missionary of Africa entails a risk.”
  • They told me you cannot manage because you have no money, no car, you don’t have a Ph.D, but I believed in myselfI made it.”
  • “The question you  need to ask yourself is “ What can I do for my society and not what can the society do for me.”
  • “Let us give space to each other old and new.”
  • “I heard a lot of negativity about Poland, about Katakwi  but I overcame and went forward.”
  • “Mission is believing in God and in myself as well.”
  • “I got support from confreres or community and the people I served.”
  • “I took the drink as part of my integration into a cultural setting.”
  • “I go into  the mission with God, and prayer is the engine of my mission.”
  • “I believe in my giftedness”
  • “We want to discern a dream or vision for the future that stretches us beyond the good that is already present.”
  • “As missionaries of Africa we accept the responsibility  to be co-creators of our communities.” ( Pre-Capitular Doc from General Council  Rome).
  • “What are we doing?”
  • “We need to explore the world behind the image.”
  • “You cant  ask your grandmother to run the marathon.”
  • “As missionaries of Africa we are trained to discern,  to work, to pray and to live together like a family.”
  • “Animals have no images but they organize themselves and work well.”
  • “In order to relate well with one another in a healthy and mature way we need self-awareness.”
  • “Without the sense of universality the church will be no longer a church.”
  • “Without a cross the church become  a supermarket.”         

To all the members of the Pre-Chapter in EAP gathering in Kampala Thanks!

Compiled by Fr. Baptiste Regina Mapunda, M.Afr.

No comments:

Post a Comment